Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting service means stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting supplier. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you'd like to own a website, mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by certain companies, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage accounts frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incorrect interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some providers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a vast amount of images with buddies or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers provide website hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many videos as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At AIDA Host, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content solely.